Monday, June 4, 2012


Chart Toppers

I’m no Casey Kasem…

But, I can give you some chart toppers too!

So, I’ve been talking a bit in my previous blogs about my life in the fast lane, and how everything manages to collide on occasion when there is too many things on my plate going on at the same time.

But, during that dreaded week I suffered a massive migraine episode, I’ve heard a few suggestions on some “To Do’s”.  And I figured I could make into my Top 5 remedies for migraines.

I also talked about my most frustrating relaxation all in one.  I asked some people if they had any, and I had a couple of responses that I will share, as promised.

Drum roll please….


Top 5 Migraine Remedies (in no particular order)

1.     Warm compress on neck and shoulders

2.    Drink cup of black coffee

     3.    Vinegar soaked paper towel on forehead

4.    Take Echinacea

5.    Take Magnesium and B12

So there you have it!  So far, I’ve been taking the stuff in my purse…generic migraine aspirin (since they took my Excedrin off the market L), Motrin 800, Fioricet, or last but not least – the fire shot, Imitrex.

But I think I’m going to try and refrain from these substances and try some of the more natural remedies suggested to me.  First orders of business…control the stress enough to open up to the new remedies.  I’m working on that!


Now, I shared my most Frustrating Relaxation, which is decorating cakes.  I love the creativeness of it, the lavish outcomes, but when I’m asked to make one and come up with my own idea, here comes the frustration of worrying whether they will like it, or if it’s too much, or not enough….

My husband says, “I can’t believe you let something you LIKE stress you out”.

Me either.

I didn’t get many takers in this response, but for what I did get…

(Keep in mind, no one seems to be combining their feelings into one, like me)

Frustrations:

·         School

·         Not doing good on something

Relaxations:

·         The beach

·         On a boat

·         Getting a message

Well, this is it for now. Please keep in touch and all comments are welcomed!

Signed:

Terri’s Life in the Fast Lane

1 comment:

  1. I will have try some of you migraine remedies. I like simple, natural ways to relieve any pain.

    ReplyDelete